Re: Another Header question(s)

To: tsmit@shaw.ca, CALUMETAIR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Another Header question(s)
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 14:12:26 -0700
I've used Thermotec header wrapping on my Tiger for over five years. I
wrapped them all the way down the pipes to the collectors.The wrap has
not stuck to the pipes (in fact I've lost some when the wire wraps broke
and the tape unraveled) and I've yet to have any trouble with the
headers themselves.

The wrap definitely makes things a bit "cooler" (if you can use that
word in any way about a Tiger engine compartment) under the hood. You
can tell that by the fact that you can touch (briefly) the header wrap
when the engine is hot. You would of course get a severe burn if you did
the same to the bare pipes.

I have had plenty of oil drip/drop on the wrap over the five years. No
hint of any fires. The oil just smokes off.

On the other hand, I have yet to have anyone looking at the engine say
"That sure is beautiful tape you have wrapped around those pipes". It's
not pretty, but it does seem to do what I wanted it for.

Steve Sage