Who is Honking back there?

To: Ken Ritacco <ritacco0758@charter.net>
Subject: Who is Honking back there?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:39:47 -0700
My gas pedal stop adjustment was off, when I changed to an F4B and put
on the longer Sunbeam Specialties throttle rod, and I did not know there
even WAS a gas pedal stop.  After about a year of unrelieved tension,
under the stress of a heavy full throttle foot, the cable broke.

Limping home on fast idle is no fun in traffic.

I would make sure that your gas pedal is mechanically stopped by this
adjustment at full foot pressure.  The carb can be adjusted to make this
correspond to fully opened throttle plates, regardless of # of barrels,
or choice of cables.

It also cuts down on the noise pollution of the line of Yugo's behind
you, honking to make you go faster! :-)

Steve

___
Steve Laifman