Re: Heater Valve

To: Carmods@aol.com, theo.smit@dynastream.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heater Valve
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:07:59 -0700 (PDT)
If you move the HCV to the return line it is exactly
the same as being installed in the pressure side
except the location of the heater core is now on the
other side of the valve, so it receives coolant from
the pressure side as opposed to the coolant it
receives from the return side(the HC). Flow thru the
heater core to the valve is the same flow as before
the core and both sides of the valve still receive the
same pressure. However if you turn the valve upside
down the pressure would change and more pressure would
be against the normal direction of flow and help lend
possibility of a small ammount of flow thru the valve
which wouldn't exist if the valve maintained its
original position in either hose. The only way more
pressure would be in the return line installation is
if you turn the valve around(upside down).In my head
at least and on the 31 sheets of paper I used to draw
up a flow chart, with pictures and arrows attached to
the back of each one. Enjoy your day, drive your
Tiger.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs