FYI Brake light switch

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: FYI Brake light switch
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:02:08 -0400
For those of you looking for a plunger style mechanical brake light switch
to work off the brake pedal.

1991 Ford Escort through the ZX2 has this style.    New costs about $8.   If
you grab one from your local Pick a Part yard be sure to take the connector
and some wire.

HYPERLINK
"http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=GPS&mfrpartnumber=37
5032&parttype=422&ptset=A"http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfr
code=GPS&mfrpartnumber=375032&parttype=422&ptset=A

I found that the spring force was a bit high but you can easily disassembly
the switch and remove the heavy spring in the plunger.

I tried to find a light spring from a pen to replace the heavy spring but
did not find one, but there is another spring in the switch which seems
correct.

Now I just need to make a better mount for this style switch.

Ron Fraser