Tiger breakdowns

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tiger breakdowns
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:17:52 EDT
Last week I asked the list members for their opinions on what might breakdown
and leave a Tiger owner stranded on a long trip.  We were working under the
assumption that normal maintenance had been attended to as it should be.  I
think I was hoping to hear of problems that might be specific to the Tiger.
Anyway, here is the list with each item mentioned and how many times
mentioned.  I am quite surprised on the mentions of the generator.  It's
something
that's easy to forget because it normally seems so dependable.

Oil pressure line breaking
Brake booster
Water pump
Clutch return spring
Throttle cable
Fuel pump failure or clogged fuel pump -  6 times
Brake master cylinder
Ignition failure points or petronix  - 2 times
Generator failure 5 times
Wiring (general) - 2
Fulcrum pins
Coil
Cooling problems
Clutch
U joints
Clutch master cylinder
Losing your only set of keys

I think the one big thing that could leave you in a lurch (and maybe dead) is
the fulcrum pins.  The local parts store ain't too likely to have those on
the shelf.  Most of the other things a shop should be able to replace, repair
or
rig something that would work and have you on your way in a day or so.
My opinion anyway.  Thanks for the input.
Mark L.