From Digests 698 to 704

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: From Digests 698 to 704
From: "Lawrence Wright" <wrightsinseabrook@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:11:28 -0400
Wayne wrote:
>Actually, the easiest way to change plugs on the Tiger is to go thru the
>exhaust. It is a bit tricky and you will need a long extension but it is
>actually the least intrusive of all methods. The tricky part is that you
>need to ensure that the exhaust valve for the cylinder you are changing is
>in the full-open position.

bLong extensionb is an understatement; it will need to be about 12 feet
long and with several u-joints to get past the baffles in the mufflers alone
(this changes if your headers have turnouts). However, once youbve mastered
this, changing carburetor jets through the fuel line from the gas tanks will
seem easy by comparison.

Ken Ritacco wrote:
>He was a great, he said I should consider putting
>a power Mazda rack in my Tiger like he did in his,
>he said it wasn't that tough a conversion and works great.

This is interesting, and the first time I had heard of this. Anyone on the
list try it? For myself, not interested in power anything, Ibll go to the MG
Midget rack if I ever decide to change from stock.

Jeff wrote:
>Subject: Re: eBay Book of Norman
>Presumably, the delay in production of the second run
>is making the stainless edging trims and increasing the
> volume to 289 pages !

I read that several times before I figured it out. Funny!

Ron Fraser wrote:
>Out of curiosity I took a look at the S IV Alpine parts car I have
>and it has a similar hole in just about that location.

Perhaps it was originally a Tiger? Do we have the first documentable Tigpine
here?

Jan wrote:
>Just got a mail from Derek White. He has moved from
>Sri Lanka to Gothenburg, Sweden. His wife is Swedish
>and he has bought an old house and his baby girl Clara
>was born in May. He is fully occupied by this and has very
>little time for hobbies like Sunbeam Tigers at the moment.

Glad to hear hebs OK. Aside from his apparent wish to live at least once on
every continent, Ibm beginning to think his car is covering a lot of miles
just in transport between his various homes. Way more than my car sees under
its own power, anyway.

Stephen Waybright wrote:
>Subject: Re: TBON cost when new
>I think I got mine for something like $65 or $70 new,
>and that would have been the late 80's or early 90's.

That sounds about right. I seem to recall an odd price when they first came
out, something like $64 or $67. Ibm pretty sure I got mine right when
initially offered, and it would have to be after autumn 1995 because thatbs
when I joined the mailing list and I heard about TBON here.

Paul Memont wrote:
>At Grainger you must have an account but most any
>business you might know might let you use their account

When did they start doing that? Ibll admit it has been a few years since my
last purchase, even though one of their locations is within walking distance,
but I was able to buy without an account (although perhaps I had to pay cash
or something).

Larry Wright