Re: Engine removal...aid part one

To: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>, "Tigers"
Subject: Re: Engine removal...aid part one
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 09:50:19 -0500
Theo- yes, like the one carshop is selling. Mine isnt a pretty as that one
and for the price I believe I would just buy it as make one. Unless of
course I was making it at work and my boss wanted one too. If anyone
interested clicks on the website Theo posted they can see a pic of the
engine lift I have, well a much prettier one than mine and priced right. If
you ever pull any engine form the top I heavily suggest investing in one of
these engine pulling plates. It works great on a Tiger. Allows you to use
the entire range of the lifting device since it hooks so close to the
engine. Using the front hole allows the engine/tranny to be on an angle that
facilitates removal and it is easily adjusted to te center hole making the
engine/tranny set level. Helps tons if loading the pair in the back of a
truck or if you find an engine you want and have to load it up from where it
was purchased. Just load the cheery picker and travel to the place and in a
few minutes you can back the truck under the engine. Ive used mine several
times and also used it on other engines. Much easier than bolting a chain to
the engine or using lifting eyes and a chain connecting those to make a
sling so you can pull or lift and engine.

Thanks Theo for finding and posting a very useful engine removal aid. Im
still planning on removing the engine from the bottom the next time but I
might hook the chainfall to the engine and lift the car up higher than my
floor jack will and after setting jack stands I should be able to drop the
engine right out the bottom. I will use very heavy cardboard and set the
engine on top of it. That should allow me to drag the engine from under the
car while it sets on the cardbaord. I will just drag the heavy cardboard and
the engine will slide with it.. However sliding it back in might take
another idea.Hooking the chainfal as far forward on the engine/tranny will
help with replacing the engine and once its under the car I can rehook and
put the tailshaft in the tunnel etc etc.  (See part two if this is to long
to post- Ignore otherwise)