Lifting Engines

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Lifting Engines
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:19:46 EDT
After recently having my 302 with aluminum heads and intake manifold lifted
by the carburetor mounting face, I ended up with a loose and leaking intake
manifold. I feel that the threads in the aluminum heads may have yielded enough
to loosen it.

In the past, I have always lifted the powertrain using a plate on each side
bolted to the exhaust ports with two bolts. This is the way Ford lifted
powertrains into rear wheel drive cars for many years.

      John L