re: blue interior

To: Bob Dixon <bobdixon@frii.com>, Tiger Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: blue interior
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 13:08:31 -0400
As you probably also learned, Tim Suddard did the leg work on his
project car, and found it to be a Midnight blue exterior with blue
interior when originally built. The advertising and parts book from
Rootes is not very consistent help. Some of the brochures differed with
respect to color choices inside and out just by being a different
printing version of an otherwise similar brochure. If they left off the
mention of gray exterior with blue interior, who's to say the also left
off white exterior with blue inside, as well.

The parts book shows paint in all of the exterior colors grouping them
from Series III Alpine through the Series V Alpine, presuming that this
also applies to Tigers, but doesn't separate them into which colors were
used on which series cars, and no info to tie exterior color to interior
color.

The interior fabric chart does list the models that used each color.
According to Tim Suddard, his friend John Webber (whom I also know) said
the blue interior was used just on early Tigers (and presumably early
Alpines, too). The parts book does list Azure Blue
for both the smoother surface Alpine IV and the pebble grain used on
later Alpines and Tigers, like the 1A.

As for then-current Mustangs, presumably 1965, I couldn't find a
definitive source book or brochure that listed which exterior colors
came with what interior. The pictures used in the books showed white
with both tan and black interiors, and if I remember correctly, the dash
pad and the steering wheel came in matching color too. I remember seeing
a white Mustang GT with blue interior, but can't find anything in
pictures or print to back that up, and you know how memories can be a
little undependable.