Is it over yet?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Is it over yet?
From: <mjsutter@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 07:03:41 -0800
Being a digest subscriber, all you real timers are going to have to be
subjected to my out-of-phase reply on this subject of scatter shields, but too
bad.

It seems as though everyone has heard of some catastrophic occurrence relating
to the clutch system in one car or another. I would think that these
occurrences are extremely rare at best, and only get logged to memory because
of their Hindenburg-like results. My opinion, (which really isn't worth crap)
is that these few events happen in very severe duty cases, not your average
weekend driver situations. Serious road racing and/or drag racing warrants the
use of one of these monstrosities, but for the average, under-300 HP driver
its unnecessary weight. Why beat the hell out of your trans tunnel in
preparation for an event that is more than likely never going to happen. If
we're all going to get paranoid about our safety while driving one of these
little bastards, lets worry about being rear ended in a 1a or a 2. Holy cow, I
can almost feel the gasoline running down my back as I write this.

All this "safety talk" is making me very nervous.

MS