Re: Since Joey is showing pictures...White Top & Stripes...

To: RMEbstein@aol.com
Subject: Re: Since Joey is showing pictures...White Top & Stripes...
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:28:05 -0500
Rodney,
I don't know the color of the works cars.

On the Tigers United website look at Andy Walker's Tiger Tails, this is a
good example of the stripes in action...link to picture:

http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/walker_a/AndyWalker2.jpg

You could place the stripes anyway you wanted, after all it was just vinyl
tape. I put mine vertical on the sides and ran it directly over the fuel
filler cap. If I recall correctly the actual instructions were kind of vage
on placement.

Angled Stripes...
I didn't like how where the trunk and the quarter panel stripes lined up,
they don't go straight across at the seam if you angle them on the rear
quarters. Of course with a painted stripe you could smooth out (round) the
lines better.

Also the spacing between the stripes could be any amount you choose, since
you received one long stripe. I had a the Vinyl Sign Shop space them so I
wouldn't have to match them up by hand.

If you are having them painted on, then just give the painter the basic
dimensions, show them some pictures and have them tape up the placement in
front of you so you can check them out in person.

You may not like how someone else placed their stripes after you see it in
person.

The width of my stripes were to specs, but if I did it again I might go a
bit wider with the strips for more impact.

Paul