Lug Nuts and Warm Cats

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Lug Nuts and Warm Cats
From: Theodore Brown <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:17:17 -0500
The lug nuts on the Tiger are nothing special.  The thread size is 7/16 and
you should be able to buy a set of chromed nuts at any parts store (Auto
Zone, etc.)

I once had a 70 Olds Cutlass.  There was a lot of room under the hood - so
much so that my cat once crawled up on top of the air cleaner to take a
nice warm nap on a cold day.  I got in the car and unknowingly cranked it
over.  The cat must have felt the engine turning over and bolted toward the
front of the engine compartment and become entangled in the fan.  After
making a couple of revolutions, accompanied by some loud thumping and cries
of protest, he was ejected out the bottom of the engine compartment along
with a major burst of cat fur as I realized that something was amiss and
cut the starter.  The cat disappeared across the back yard at top speed
only to reappear several hours later, none the worse for wear.  He never
took a nap there again.  I think the moral of the story is that cats can,
indeed, learn from experience.

My Tiger spends the Maine winter up on dollies so that I can move it around
easily in my garage without starting it up.  The battery is removed and
stored in a warm place and attached to a trickle charger.  I change the oil
and filter and fill it up with gas before putting it to bed.  I put a cover
over it and some moth balls around the innards.  So far, no problems in the
Spring and we have looong wintahs, heah!

Cheers,
Tod
B382002384LRXFE