LAT Hood from Kent Wilcox

To: "Tiger News Group List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: LAT Hood from Kent Wilcox
From: "Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)" <Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:09:38 -0500
Listers,
I purchased a Kent Wilcox hood 7 years ago and it fit VERY well and only
required trimming at the rear (It is designed this way) to fit the
variability of the Tiger construction. The only thing I needed to do was
to glue the inner reinforcement to the outer skin with some Panel
bonding adhesive and that greatly stiffened the hood from flexing. The
finish of the hood is the BEST fiberglass product I have seen produced
it truly is a quality product. As for cracking there is ABSOLUTELY NONE
yet. One thing about fiberglass is that I have had mine on the car
unpainted for 7 years and you can see how the gel coat is mapping into
the texture of the fiberglass as the hood is heat cycled. It should be
suitably cured now so that when I sand it smooth the mapping will not
return. If you install the hood you may want to run it unpainted for a
while to heat cycle the fiberglass several times. Kent suggested it.
I HIGHLY recommend Kent's product and suggest that it is worth the wait.

Wilcox, Kent
1763 North Marshall Avenue
El Cahon, CA  92040
Bus: (619) 448-6700

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
23961 Via El Rocio
Mission Viejo, CA   92691
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (425) 955-6268
Cell: (949) 289-3357
Business email: timothy.ronak@crna.akzonobel.com
Personal email: timronak@cox.net
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender then delete and destroy the original message and all copies. You
should not copy, forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in
part, without permission of the sender.