Re: Hillman Husky

To: Richard Feibusch <rfeibusch1@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Hillman Husky
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:01:09 -0800
Hi Rick:
Of course you're crazy--but it's such a wonderful kind of insanity :-)
Don't know much about most of what you asked, but Smitty has a 1725
motor in his, and those can be built up even more if you wanted.
Don't know if they came with overdrive, but I know it'll fit--again,
Smitty has one in his.
The weatherstripping could be tough--I don't know where you'd look for that.

The best part, of course, is that with a Husky, you've got the chassis
from which our Alpines and Tigers sprang (after Rootes added an
x-member--which, by the way, is easier to work on when it isn't
there--as it isn't in the Husky).  Which means, that when you drive past
in your Husky, we Alpine and Tiger owners should genuflect--for there
goes the progenitor, without which we wouldn't have a chassis!  Of
course, that isn't a rule, it's rather more of a guideline, so you
probably won't get much genuflecting, but what the hey--it's fun to
dream, isn't it? :-)

Best of luck whichever way you decide to go.

David Sosna