re: traction bars

To: Peter Laurinaitis <laurin212@yahoo.com>,
Subject: re: traction bars
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 06:46:18 -0500
For what it's worth, I think they're worth having on your car.

Traction Master traction bars ( the ones offered as a dealer option in
the 1960's for Tigers) are still being made. The website is
www.tractionmaster.com

The advice I was given is to go for the bolt-on versions (Traction
Master offers both weld-on and bolt-on for Tigers on their webpage).

The version sold occasionally on eBay are a little more sturdy ( cast
metal bracket versus current stamped steel), and when they're offered,
they usually run about $199 for the set, while the current new Traction
Master bars for the Tiger are around $130. For what it's worth, Traction
Master says their bars produced after 2000 are sturdier than the ones
they made during the 1960's.