National Parts Depot Show Pics

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: National Parts Depot Show Pics
From: "Carlo Roberto Bernardino M.D." <crbernardino@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:49:43 -0500
Hope you are enjoying winter. Here in Atlanta, there is no
winterizing the car - except putting on the hardtop. Nan and I
decided to kick off the New Year with a car show, the NPD show in
Silver Springs, FL. We left Thursday after work - I in the Tiger and
Nana in her Audi S4 (as a chase car). From Atlanta it is a straight
shot down I75 to Hernando, FL (where my parents have a semi-
retirement home). A total of 6.5 hours. The Tiger was cruising well
until Valdosta (or was it Perry, GA). Anyway around the half-way
point, Lucas reared an evil head. After stopping for gas (I needed a
total of 3 tank fulls for the whole trip, I pulled back onto the
highway and the car started sputtering and then stalled - at 10 PM.
We popped the hood and jiggled various wires including coil leads.
Then I re-cranked the engine - vroom, vroom. The rest of the ride was
uneventful, except for a stone which chipped the windshield and
started a small crack which propagated to full height by the end of
the weekend. Another project added to the 'to-do' list. We arrived at
1 AM.

7AM on Friday, we took the Tiger to National Part Depot in Ocala, FL.
This is where the Lost Pony Cruise started. We met up with Nick and
Caroline Kintner, Steve and Carol Hallbrook,  both in MkII Tigers and
there friend (drawing a blank on his name) and his TR6 with a v8. Our
British contingent followed a bunch of Mustangs out to Cedar Key, FL
on a fun cruise and seafood lunch. A long the way, my Tiger started
puffing odorous white smoke with hard acceleration. Steve diagnosed
it as a 'sucking' Brake Booster. No wonder my fluid level drops after
as a day of racing miatas and Z3's.

Friday night was sent polishing the Cat. Saturday, we went to Silver
Springs, FL for the car show. The show had any conceivable car with a
Ford V8. We were placed in the exotics class - Tigers, Cobras (kits),
Panteras, and a strange Miata chasis car with an old Mustang Shell.
Needless to say, the Cats were cool (7 total) in the alcove.
The weather was unseasonably cold, but it the cars kept on smile on
everyones face. I enjoyed meeting up with some of the Florida Cat
Tamers.

Sunday was a drive back home - uneventful except for a cramp in the
right leg. At first I thought my car was running rough at cruising
speed, then I realized my leg kept fluctuating pedal pressure. Gotta
look into cruise control...

Now I'm back in ATL and looking forward to the next car show
adventure. If you want to check out some pics from the show, below is
the link.

http://homepage.mac.com/crbernardino/PhotoAlbum36.html

One question from the group. I plan on pulling the brake booster -
anyone with a good source for a by-pass tube or brake line coupler?

Thanks - Rob

Rob & Nana's V8Tygr
1966 Mk1A Sunbeam Tiger
B382000262