Re: Tires and Ozone

To: tigers@autox.team.net, SLaifman@socal.rr.com
Subject: Re: Tires and Ozone
From: MACHWIL@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:49:55 EST
Steve and listers;

I'm not a chemical engineer, but have been in plastic molding business for
what seems like 100 years. In the 50s, I was told silicone (which is in
Armor-all, )is really like a bunch of  mini-scopic ball bearings, gets into
the
structure of plastics and rubber and tears the structure apart. I  made  the
mistake of putting a drop of silicone on threads of a micrometer and it  galled
the threads immediately and permanently, so I know it has a presence that  can
fill up space. That can cause cracking in rubber tires acting as a wedge to
separate the material basic structure.  For what it's worth -   -  -  -

Bud