Speedo BAD problems.......:-(

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedo BAD problems.......:-(
From: "Joey Hiykel" <v8sunbeamtiger@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 21:30:52 -0600
well a little bit ago, i asked how i could fix my speedometer. It didnt work
at all, some sugested that it was too cold and the oil inside was too thick.
Well thats not it. I took the cable out of the tranny, and turned the gear
with my hand. And the speedo moved up and down. Well i thought thats what it
should be doing. So i put it back in. but before i put it back in, i looke
inside that hole to see if the other gear was in there. YEa i could see it.
So i put it all back together. And went for a ride. Well the speedo didnt
work at all. So when we stopped to get gas, i took the end off from the
guage. Then we were on our way. After we were moving about 40. (2grand in
4th gear) I reached down to see if the cable was turning. Well it wasnt. And
so we got on the interstate and were goin about 80 and then it still wasnt.

Right now, i have the original 15th tooth gear and its in good cond. And its
a new cable.

So whats my problem?? Im guessing i need to take the tranny out and do
somethign to the other gear inside.

any suggestions would be apreciated. Should i get a 16 tooth and see what
happens? How much are they?