I confess

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: I confess
From: <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 20:19:25 -0500
With all the confessions of  age and dates of Tiger purchases,  there must be
some reason to record them, but I haven't figured out why  yet.

  Confessions are good for the soul.  See how much better we all feel.

My turn:  50

              1994

  I was looking for a British sports car back in '94.  A local car ad magazine
, "Muscle Car Trader" had an ad for 1960 Jaguar XK150 for $10,000.  A very
reasonable price for the car.  I called the number in the ad and its a pawn
shop!  I drove to the pawn shop and went in back to the fenced in yard.  Quite
a few cars, boats, trucks etc. are in the yard.   Hard times for some people.
The pawn shop owner told me a guy drove the car in a few months back and never
reclaimed it.  The Jaguar runs but needs restoration which I don't have the
time or money.  While I'm looking at the car, another person walks up to me
and says he has a 1962 Corvette for sale.  I walk over to the car which
doesn't run, needs paint and interior along with engine work.  He tells me he
wants $14,000.  Add the cost of restoration and its out of my budget.

  A few weeks later in the same magazine is listed a 1967 Sunbeam Tiger for
$6800.  I call and ask about the car.  The seller says it runs but needs
paint, interior and top.  Along with this car he is selling a 1964 Tiger which
doesn't need any work and is pretty much original.  This car is a few thousand
more.   One drive and I bought it.

                                              Jeff