Re: To Dip or Not to Dip

To: AAAGLASSS@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To Dip or Not to Dip
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:41:39 EST
In a message dated 3/2/2006 7:06:28 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
AAAGLASSS@aol.com writes:

Have  heard from many body men that dipping a car is one of the worse things

you can do. Dipping removes all paint and primers applied at the factory  in
places you can't get to. Also the rust starts immediately after  dipping.
Have
also heard that Powder coating after the dip will help  prevent rust.
Comments.

I'm in the process of taking my Tiger down to bare metal and have decided  to
go with media blasting. While I can see many of the points you make as being
very possible, one of the keys for me is the idea that, even with
neutralizing  and careful cleanup, you can get seepage of the stripping agent
under the
new  paint...which would not make me happy!

Mike Wood