Age and Tiger ownership

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Age and Tiger ownership
From: "PHILLIP SILK" <musta32188@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 21:08:50 -0500
I will bring the average down a bit again; I am 33.

I was vacationing (proudly) in Afghanistan with Unce Sam in 2002 and 2003,
and had just a little extra time on my hands to dream about cars.   I bought
Robson's and Clarke's books on Amazon, and I thought about Tiger ownership
for the rest of my stay.

I bought my beautiful Tiger, which was just about completely disassembled, a
bit rusty, and needed a lot, in 2004.  I've been buying parts here and
there, and as soon as I finish grad school and can afford it, it will get a
full restoration.

I have heard or read stories about guys coming back from overseas service
and buying their dream car, and how much that car, for a variety of reasons,
means to them (maybe some of you guys).  I understand now how they feel, and
plan to build the Tiger to outlast me, with no intention of ever selling it.

Thanks.