Re: latest thread

To: Jim Sencindiver <jd.sencindiver@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: latest thread
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 21:14:56 -0500
I didn't see my initial response pop up on the list, so I probably
forgot to delete the trailer.

I'm 49 (which seems to be about the average).  I owned an Alpine at age
17 - paid $400 for it.  I couldn't afford a Tiger, and I still couldn't
really until about 10 years ago.  I had been ineffectually poking around
for almost 25 years, though.  Everything I occasionally found for sale
in my neck of the woods (SW VA) was far gone.  About 10 years ago, I
left a few days early for a conference in San Francisco, and resolved to
find one while in the land of rust-free cars.  Picked up a Hemmings
Motor News the day before I left and circled cars on the flight over.

Long story, but I was lucky enough to get hooked up with Norm Miller and
Rick at Sunbeam Specialties, saw a buncha cars, and got a great one that
Norm had bought from drug dealer about to go to prison, finished, and
then resold to a feller in Hayward, CA.  Picked up a TBON at SS, and
within three days I had bought the car and after reading TBON twice on
the flight back to VA knew more about Tigers than I had known in 30
years of just hearing about these rare and mythical beasts....

Hooking up with Norm, of course, was the best thing that happened for
me.  The car I've caretaken since is very original, straight, and had
very few problems 'lo these many years.  Thanks Norm!

Chris