Re: Theft deterrent + Age and Ownership

To: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>, <Carmods@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Theft deterrent + Age and Ownership
From: "Philip \"Commodore Blues\" Hulse" <phulse@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 07:36:07 -0800
"In our cars, where the entire schematic can be reproduced on a 3x5 card and
still be readable, a box of modern electronics would be all too obvious,
especially since we are assuming that our thief would be someone familiar
with Sunbeams."

Listers,
What do you think about this for an idea?

Cell phones have a GPS and 911 capability even if the phone is deactivated.
Places like Car Toys here in the NW give old cell phones to battered women
shelters for emergency use. So, an old phone with GPS and a car charger and
method to activate the 911/GPS should work. And the phone could easily be
hidden under the dash. The trick would be activation when the car was
stolen.

Ok, I am sixty-two and loving it. I bought my first Tiger in 1966 in
Seattle, Washington while stationed at Whidbey Island. I had to part with it
as my family grew in the early 70's. Later, on this list in late 2001, I
found a nice Tiger and was having it shipped out west from NY. As many of
you know the Passport Shipping Van it was in caught fire and burnt to the
ground. The car was a total loss so I decided to restore an Alpine for
experience and that has been delightful. You can read about those
experiences at the website linked below.
http://mysite.verizon.net/phulse
I have learned a ton about these cars. And have found a new appreciation for
those who restore (or "overhaul") these cars. And I will own another Tiger
soon.
This list is great!!!

Philip "Commodore Blues" Hulse