Fulcrum Pins

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fulcrum Pins
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:55:58 EST
In a message dated 3/9/2006 9:35:12 P.M. Central Standard Time,
kneedrag@corecomm.net writes:

"While  B382000991 was down for an engine swap, I had Doug Jennings rebuild
and
strengthen the front cross member. Guess what, one of the fulcrum pins  was
bent and showed a small stress crack. These pins were not OEM, Doug  thought
they may have been his stronger chrome-moly pins. Furthermore, several  cracks
in the cross-member welds were discovered after it was dipped. Did I or  the
previous owner do it? Who knows. The point is that even the better pins do
fail, be sure to check yours occasionally."
This is why I came up with the "Fulcrum Pin Fix" several years ago.   John
Logan