RE: Looking for Dimensions on Toyota W58 Tranny

To: "'Dan Eiland'" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Looking for Dimensions on Toyota W58 Tranny
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:47:25 -0700
W50's were first used in Celica's starting in about 1975 when they
introduced the 20R engine. They were also used in the 4-cylinder truck
lineup, so a visit to an import autowreckers with a tape measure should get
you lots of examples. I don't know about the W58 specifically - it was
probably a Supra specific variant, and may have had minor case or shift
mechanism variations. I've heard of 20R/W50 equipped Alpines but not seen
them.

Good luck,
Theo