SLO Tiger 2

To: gripdad@sbcglobal.net
Subject: SLO Tiger 2
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 07:05:51 -0500
Thanks for your report on this Tiger. As good as the pictures from 2003 and
the current eBay auction show, it's always better if you can inspect the car
in person.

I think theprevious sale for the Miles car was around $53,000, and I think the
present owner has tried for a long while to sell the car. My feeling is that
all things equal, the Miles car is a good show and museum piece, but something
like this Mark 2 is a better daily driver.

I had seen the trunk damage three years ago, as Norm sent me pictures of the
trunk then, but reading your report adds a lot. I think the value of this car
is in the originality of it. I don't think a complete restoration would add
significantly, if anything, to a $40,000 price tag. $60,000 seems like a pipe
dream if the prospective buyer inspects the car. Let's hope that whoever is
seriously willing to pay the sellers price sees the car first or has someone
like yourself look at it for them.

As a sidebar, the dealer/service facility British Sports Cars in SLO is one
of my favorite side trips when I'm in the area.