Fire in the hole...

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fire in the hole...
From: Carlo Bernardino <crbernardino@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:26:58 -0500
Had a little excitement this week. As you may remember, '66 Mk1A - daily as in
daily driver. Wednesday AM crank up car for work and smell something funny...
electrical. I craw under dash, nothing. Of course the car is running fine
during this. SO I pop the hood - a small (sterno sized) fire had engulfed my
main spark plug cable from coil to cap. So I shut the beast down and blew out
the flames. Then when things cooled down (after work and after hitching a ride
to and from the misses), I had 2 disintigrated cables. I am running a MSD
electonic ingition with a modded ford destributor. Any thoughts before I
replace the cables and cap?
Rob

Rob in ATL - '66 Sunbeam Tiger Mk1A V8Tygr