G-Tech pro

To: dave@munroe.ca, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: G-Tech pro
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:03:32 EDT
Hi Dave,

Thanks for letting me know what a G-Tech pro is. It reminded me that I
bought a G-meter 40 years ago, so I went to the basement and dug it out. It was

designed in 1950, made in Austria and was the high tech instrument of the
time.
It was called PERFOMETER and was meant to measure  brake performance and
vehicle drag up to .8 G, and acceleration up to a neck  snapping .45 G. By
setting
it sideways it would measure cornering up to .8 G.

To record data required a fast co-driver with a clip board. I didn't use it
much.
See pictures attached.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of G
Meter Front Reduced.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of G
Meter Side Reduced.JPG]