Hertz cars

To: scoalist@sfuller.net
Subject: Hertz cars
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 06:59:48 -0400
Automotive News reported in their April 17 issue that Ford is building 500 black
and gold Mustang GT-H models for the Hertz corporate fleet. The cars won't be
available outside this arrangement.

Available as soon as this Spring, the cars will be built with parts from Ford
Racing Performance, and according to AN, they will put out 325hp and
330lbs/pounds
of torque.

My experience with renting cars from the Hertz Prestige fleet is that the
reservations
fill up fast, and it's best to reserve as early as you can. Hertz recently
stopped
taking reservations for the Jaguar XK and XJ models, as they are giving the
cars back to Ford to sell, and don't plan to replenish that segment of their
fleet.

Based on what I know about Hertz, the GT-H cars won't be available in every
single market. My guess is that LAX, SFO, ATL, and Miami will get cars, and
you'll have to check other airports through the Hertz online or phone
reservation
service to check availability.