RE: Lucas switch help

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, "'Tiger List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lucas switch help
From: "jay peterson" <sfm081@impulse.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 00:32:49 -0500
Andy,
Lucas definitely makes both  type of switches and if you no one volunteers
them, they can be found at Finish Line Inc. The 2 position switch has been
used for running lights, electric fuel pumps etc, and the momentary was used
for windshield washers. You could also go for a push button starter if you
wanted to be period correct as the AC Aces of that era used them in
conjunction with a key ignition.

Jay Peterson

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Series I only have one speed
wipers, thereby necessitating the use of an "on-off" two-position switch?
If
that is the case, that's what I would like to use to operate the "ignition"
and "fuel" circuits (does anyone have any nice ones they'd like to part
with?).  As for the "start" circuit, did Lucas ever manufacture a
Sunbeam-style toggle dash switch that was a "momentary on-off" switch (aka
one
that returns to the off position once you let go of it)?  If so and somebody
out there has one, I'd love to take it off your hands.