RE: Hard parts to get . . .

To: "'Lon'" <lon@sedona.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hard parts to get . . .
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 18:27:48 -0400
Lon
        The air cleaner has been repo'd a couple of times.   The problem is
few parts = high price.

The original air cleaner could be repo'd but you need to make 2 large dies
to stamp the metal plus you need some secondary work to finish them.    You
would need to sell thousands of them to break even.   There just is not
enough demand to warrant the financial investment.

I believe the California Tiger Club, CAT, made the cast aluminum air cleaner
parts.  I'm not sure if they still make them.
Again few parts = high price.

Doug Jennings; Tiger Auto Service, Dayton Ohio was experimenting with making
a fiberglass repo of the original air cleaner.
I don't know if he ever succeeded.

Not that this can't be done but one would need the expertise to do the job
and then you would need hundreds, maybe more paid customers to share the
financial burden.

Ron Fraser