Re: Spring Fling

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spring Fling
From: Dick Barker <dickbarker@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:20:28 -0700
Dave,

I suspect there are probably quite a few of the original Lucas battery caps
still around. The problem is they have threads that won't screw into
today's batteries. Any good battery rebuilder can put the guts of a modern
battery into an old Lucas case, but matching the Lucas threads is another
issue.

If "nuts" like you and Tony are really interested, you might be surprised
how many sets a little shake of the bushes might turn up. I gave away 2
sets at SUNI III in Big Sky, and while one of the new owners was showing
off his newly acquired assets, 2 other people said, "Oh, those things?
Somewhere in my garage I have some of those, too!"

Dick