thirsty Tiger

To: modtiger@comcast.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: thirsty Tiger
From: "Robert Bridgeford" <bobbridgeford@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:24:48 -0700
As a recent addition to the proud fraternity of Tiger owners, I love my car.
  However, I am astonished at its appetite for Firechief.  Driving at a
steady 65 between Bend and Sisters OR (20 miles) I am seeing 11 mpg.    I
see 32-33 mpg for the same trip in my 2000 Corvette.

The car has a  260 with a warm cam, headers, dynomax,  a Weind 2P 180
manifold, a Holly 650 4 barrel with the choke plate milled off, and
electronic ignition.  It runs very strong . clean, and cool.  It has a close
ratio 4 speed and the normal differential  (65 mph is about 2900 rpm)

Is this normal ? Am I normal ?  Are any of us really normal?  Never mind...

Bob in Sisters