RE: clutch question

To: laurin212@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: clutch question
From: "Joey Hiykel" <v8sunbeamtiger@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:57:20 -0500
it sounds like just an adjustment to personal pref.

my clutch sounds like the exact oposite. But it is showing wear. Mine
engages about an inch away from floor. That is right where i prefer it.

I do know there is an adjusting nut on the slave cylindar bolt that comes
out of it on the end. Mine is adjusted all the way out, becuase my clutch
sometimes feels like it dosnt disengage all the way and grinds at high rpms
when shifting. Maybe someone can tell me why it does that?

joey

>From: Peter Laurinaitis <laurin212@yahoo.com>
>To: tigers@autox.team.net
>Subject: clutch question
>Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 08:19:15 -0700 (PDT)
>
>listers - quick question, an area i dont have much experience with -
>clutches -
>my clutch seems to catch and fully engage within what seems to be when the
>pedal is a centimeter off the floor when i start to release the clutch to
>engage the engine.  this makes it hard to engage without overevving the
>engine
>and is just uncomfortable to drive with vs the normal engagment at
>somethuing
>like halfway through the movement of the pedal.  does this sound like an
>adjustment problem or the need for a new clutch?  i recall when clutches
>go,
>they seem to just start to slip.  i dont notice any slippage.
>
>if this sounds like a need to replace the clutch, is it hard to replace,
>and
>should i replace with stock parts, or do you recommend higher performance
>parts?
>
>thanks
>peter
>
>Peter Laurinaitis
>peter.laurinaitis.wg02@wharton.upenn.edu

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!