Re: Tiger Prices

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tiger Prices
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:28:51 -0700 (PDT)
We all know Tigers are undervalued (vs comparable cars), so we shoudn't
be suprised that the market is starting to wake up to this fact and
push up prices. Now if only something would kick start Jensen
Interceptor prices, I'd be set!  ;)

Everything I'm seeing in the market suggests that Tiger values are
really on the move. Part of it seems to be Tiger newbies entering the
market and paying full ticket price for average cars (though the $24k
"Buy it now" Tiger on eBay a couple months ago seemed to be a great
deal), driven by the broad visibility some of the high end Tigers have
been getting the last few years (the LeMans Tigers and Dave Stones
Mk-II for example) and making more people wake up to what a great value
Tigers are (for now). Applying classic supply and demand principles...
fixed supply, growing demand drives up prices. Just look at what's
happened with the Book of Norman... and that's for something that could
be easily reproduced (if Norm chose to do so).

Don't be suprised if in 5 years, it's more and more difficult to own
and enjoy Tigers, because their values are getting so high. I sold my
BON when they started pulling in $700, and I'm sure there's a point at
which my Tiger would be up for grabs as well (FYI - that point is ~$95k
right now, so not much risk of someone buying it any time soon).

Stephen