More Yammering on Tiger Values

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Yammering on Tiger Values
From: <mjsutter@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 10:23:47 -0700
Not that the previous discussions are defined as yammering, I'm just
describing my input.

And here it is:

I find it impossible to believe that someone can predict an appreciation rate
for the Tiger. I think that this current mild ramp up in value is tied
directly to the economy, and when the wheels come flying off of that, the
whole collector car fantasy world will reset itself again. Just like it has in
the past. (Boy, won't that guy who bought the 4 million dollar motorhome at BJ
be pleased then?)

As time advances, and technology follows, the Tiger cognizant get older and
slower. With the exception of Joey H., most of the members on this list are
old guys, 45+. And just think about the Tiger-owning Luddites who don't even
have an email account. Those guys are even older. The number of Tiger faithful
is slowly decreasing, and the Tiger is just too insignificant of a car to go
mainstream/Barrett-Jackson on us. There are way too many people out there who
don't know what these things are. Without them, and their money, the Tiger
will remain relatively affordable. I just don't see demand increasing as time
progresses. I don't think the Tiger has a strong enough reputation or pedigree
to really perform in the collector car market. Having just sold my Tiger
(currently looking for another one), I can say that the cars are only worth
what you can get for them. I personally think you can still pick up a decent
driver for $25,000, and I can't see that same car being worth $30,000 next
year.

Tiger owners are an interesting bunch. I think Theo hit it on the head. It's
not about the money. When the money becomes the focus, the community goes to
hell, quick. Believe me, I just got mixed up in the Lotus community, what a
pack of a-holes they've turned out to be. (hope that comment stays here). I
really like the Tiger guys/girls. They are a lot like their cars; rare,
understated, and capable. I hope it stays that way. When I take the Elise to
British Car Day, I'll park it in the Lotus section, but I'll park my lawn
chair with the Tiger people.

Happy Fathers Day all.

MS