RE: Radiator Sizing and Heat Loads

To: "'drmayf'" <drmayf@mayfco.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Radiator Sizing and Heat Loads
From: "Robert Palmer" <rpalmerbob@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:53:52 -0700
Mayf,

Right you are, but it's not going to be me. I think that calculating the air
flow through and around the radiator and engine versus fan/shroud
configuration and road speed is beyond any analysis capability I have.
That's where the physics leaves off and the engineering begins. I have no
doubt there are hydrodynamic modeling programs that could solve this problem
given a fairly detailed and accurate physical representation of the Tiger
front end and engine compartment, but the TE/AE article comes to the right
conclusions the old fashioned way and the best that an analytical study
could do is confirm their results.

Bob