RE: tiger car cover on ebay

To: "'Peter Laurinaitis'" <laurin212@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: tiger car cover on ebay
From: "Greg Tibbetts" <gregti@tibnet.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:24:07 -0700
Peter wrote:
> anyone have experience with this indoor tiger cover? quality? fit? seems
> like a
> legit source, company out of england, though made in china
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=46477
> 67217&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I have ordered several covers for them for different cars.  They have
several grades.  Their indoor dust cover works okay and their "Monsoon"
cover for outdoor use is fairly water tight providing you don't leave
standing water on the cover for long periods.  Here in San Diego, the sun is
often a worse issue, however, and their "Monsoon" cover did not do well.
Over time, the outer layer broke down and shattered into small pieces when
the cover was moved.  In defense, though, I must say that very little stands
up to the sun down here.

The fit of the covers is acceptable.  I've seen better, but not for this
kind of price.  The covers don't hang on the ground or anything, but they
are not really form-fitting.

The company, itself, was great to work with.  They replaced several covers
for me when I talked to them about the heat problem without my asking for
any replacements or refunds.  They also replaced a cover they shipped
incorrectly and did not want me to return the incorrect one.

Hope this helps.

Greg Tibbetts