Final Outcome- Consumer Alert (Sunbeam)

To: HillmanCars@yahoogroups.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Final Outcome- Consumer Alert (Sunbeam)
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:25:49 EDT
This is a warning forwarded from the Alpine list...

A few days ago I posted an alert regarding Victoria British shipping used
parts packaged and sold as being new. My machinist called V.B. who agreed to
ship another set of intake valves and ship them next day air.

Well, they shipped three more used valves and one new one, and shipped them
UPS ground.

My machinist called V.B. and discussed the problem with a lady there. She
said
she would pull her stock and bring it to her desk, then call the machinist
back so he could explain what was "wrong" with the valves. Auggie said she
called back shortly and said he didn't need to explain the problem; she could
look at the merchandise and clearly see the problem for herself. She
authorized a return of everything shipped thus far.

A call to Sunbeam Specialties yielded six new valves. We only needed four so
they were shipped and arrived the next day.

Since I never saw the bill I can only repeat what I was told, but the
shipping
bill from V.B. was outrageous: something like $25-$30 dollars. UPS shipping
bill from S.S.: $5.03.

Head completed, engine assembled, one machinist happy to see this Rootes
product "go away", one happy mechanic and one happy 'Alpiner' ready to
install
his new motor..
    Carl

CarLynne Racing LLC