Doane Spencer Tiger at Classic Motorsports magazine

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Doane Spencer Tiger at Classic Motorsports magazine
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:41:46 EDT
Thanks to all who commented. I will put the car up on the lift tommorrow and
try to figure out what has been done to it. I will take a lot of pics for an
article too.

John Weber says he knows a lot about this car and I will get the story this
weekend. I don't know that much about it was not trying to infer anything about
how much Doane Spencer had to do with the styling. I also know that it is for
sale, but have no financial interest, nor do I know the current owner well.

You guys were talking about the car as the Doane Spencer car and I figured
since I had access to it, I would grab it for a few days and check it out. If
nothing else, it is a great driving car and I want to see what was done to make
mine drive this nice. Also, it is sure handy to have another Tiger handy for a
few days as I take measurements and see how these things are put together.

Looks wise, this car is over the top for my tastes. I could deal with the
chrome roll bar, the side vents, the LAT hood, the weird Halibrand wheels or
the
side pipes, but all together the combination comes off a bit tacky in my
opinion. Also, side pipes suck... ask the man who has already been burned by
them.
With all the Cobras and Corvettes I have driven, I should no better.

Tim Suddard
Publisher; Classic Motorsports
and Grassroots Motorsports magazines
www.classicmotorsports.net
www.grassrootsmotorsports.com
Phone: (386) 673-4148 Fax: (386) 673-6040