Doane Spencer Tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Doane Spencer Tiger
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:59:52 EDT
Got the wheels off and the car up on a lift this a.m. It really is pretty
trick... four wheel discs, knock off wheels etc. The rear leaf springs have at
least one half or a leaf added up front. Car has no traction bars, but has no
whell hop either. This extra leaf combined with Konis and an adjustable (non
standard) panhard bar seem to do the trick. Oil filter mounted behind the oil
pan
(into the oil pan), underneath is another trick item. Oddly, with everything
else that has been done, the steering does not appear to be modified with
Midget rack or anything else. Car has some bump steer and ackerman problems.

Took a Tiger owning neighbor for a ride in it this morning and he was very
impressed. Said it went way better than any Tiger he had ever been in.

I am mainly looking for tips and tricks as I restore my car. Figure anything
I can learn from Spencer is valuable.

Tim Suddard
Publisher; Classic Motorsports
and Grassroots Motorsports magazines
www.classicmotorsports.net
www.grassrootsmotorsports.com
Phone: (386) 673-4148 Fax: (386) 673-6040