Fuel pump

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel pump
From: "Richard" <rcsphx@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 16:28:07 -0700
While driving the MKII on Sunday for about 20 minutes she began to cut out and
finally stalled.  At first I thought that the wire had fallen off the ballast
resistor again, but that proved not to be the case.  Turning the ignition off
and then back on the Tiger started right up, so off I went.  About a mile down
the road she cut out and stalled again.  And again turning the ignition off
and back on started right up.  Did this about four time before I got her home.
The pump was very warm and I have a filter in the back between the tank and
the pump, and watching it the pumping sound was very soft and the filter was
almost empty.  After the car sat for a day the filter was 4/3 full.  I have
noticed recently that the fuel pump has not been making as much noise as I am
used to on cold start up.

It is a relatively new SU pump that I got from Moss motors, maybe 3000 miles
on it.  Does this sound like the fuel pump or should I look elsewhere?  If the
pump, can you suggest a good alternative for the SU.  Have the 289 with Holley
600 cfm no other major mods.

Thank All

Richard