Re: Bonneville or Bust...

To: Bill Blue <weblue@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Bonneville or Bust...
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:19:01 -0700
Yeah, the drill is pretty simple, but you have to keep your wits about
you, especially when the National Geographic video photogs are sstanding
there looking you in the face, lol. The fire suit is the same as a top
fueler or funny car driver would have to wear: boots,  suit pants,
jacket top,  nomex undies if you want,  nomex socks,  top fueler
gloves,  SA2005  helmet,  and head sock.  When I get all that stuff on,
I look like the old Michelin Man for sure. Then you have to get in, put
crotch belt and arm restraints on, put lap belts on, put shoulder
harness belts on, visor down. Then they look you right in the eye and
tell you that you are suppsed to yel out what to do when you tell them
the speed you are at. So I yelled out 280 mph (not 180) then they said
you are on fire! So I yelll out kill the fuel pump, Pull the chute, pull
thhe fire bottle for the engine compartment, wait until the speed gets
to a manageable 50 o0r 60 mph, undo the seat belts. When it is down
around 5, bail out! All with the camera's rolling....yee ha... must have
been ok because they passed me. Probably afraid not to with the NG
cameras on them, LOL...

Al song as I stay under 250, I wont need a second chute....

mayf