Re: dip stick blues

To: Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: dip stick blues
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:52:21 -0700
Thanks, but the effort wasn't all that noble, lol. While I did get my
150 mph license, the other 2 runs I made were not very good. The trans
was not shifting correctly at all. I have removed th eengine, tranny and
all that that implies to correct some nagging little issues. Like the
seat belts. Holey Smoke, what a bear to get tight. Not any more! Also
removed the trans to demod the transgo reprogramming kit and wound up
taking it to the tranny shop. As the repair man was lookit it over, he
noticed that the first band was just flopping around inside the case.
Looks as if it might have been assembled wrong from the git go from
Performance Associates. So he is taking it completely apart and
reinspecting everything, plus fixing a little goof up of mine. I have
also procured a 90mm Lightning Mass Air Flow meter that I will use
inlieu of th edual maf setup I have been trying to run. While I believe
that will work, trying to sort everything else out at the same time as
trying to tune that is hard to do. I have changed the rear gear to a
2.50:1 from a 3.25:1 which used the overdrive gearing to get the speeds.
WIth the 2.5 I can just use drive and get 225 at about 6500 rpm.  So if
the tranny is pout back together by Wednesday then it all should be
pretty much back together by the end of the weekend. I have promised to
crew for another car built in my shop at WOrld of Speed so I will be
going to that meet at the salt flats. That will give me three weeks to
do a little tuning on the car and then head to WOrld FInals in October.

I know I promised I would keep everyone informed during the meet but th
ehotel had no internet connection at all. KOA had one but you had to bee
a resident to use it and th ePilot gas station, the only other one in
town had one if I wanted to buy a MONTHs service...nah, no way.  So you
all just have to be on pins and needles until I get back.

MAny thanks for all the kind thoughts and well wishes. I thas been a
hoot so far. Next license step is 175 mph, then 200, then 250.

mayf, out in pahrump