Re: Thanks and an update

To: "Bernardino Carlo M.D. Roberto" <crbernardino@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Thanks and an update
From: David Sosna <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:09:53 -0700
Hi Rob:
1.  Might be a good idea to figure out what the current problem is
before 'layering' other changes in.  Makes it harder to figure out why
something doesn't work.

2. I had a one-wire setup on my Tiger.  I liked it, but read somewhere,
perhaps on this list, that replacement one-wire alternators aren't
available at your local parts store, but only through the dealer (or an
alternator shop).  Point being that if you take the Tiger on a trip and
the one-wire alternator cr**s out, you can't drop in at the local Pep
Boys or Kragen and replace it. This may be an urban legend, but you
might want to confirm the truth of it before you decide to go with the
one-wire setup.

Best Regards
David Sosna (Tigerless in San Diego, but still lurking)