Re: Gas tank question

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas tank question
From: "Curt" <choffman9@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 07:48:10 -0400
I had tried the sand / rocks inside and a variety of home brews from various
suppliers to clean out a tank but never got it real clean. My last Tiger had
so many coatings of one sort or another I couldn't tell what was stock and
how many layers there were.I found dipping it in a professional metal
cleaning tank the best solution. I had it done for my last Tiger and now
just bought a similar set off Doug jennings for my recent one that had been
dipped. Never had a problem after dipping / coating. That old tank took
forever too with all the layers of stuff in it.

Curt Hoffman