re: brake switch

To: atwittsend@verizon.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: re: brake switch
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:12:50 EDT
Tom, et al:

       Yes, our original Lucas brake light switches contacts are "wet" ...
so, let's all start a new thread about the "Lousy Lucas Electrics" and how the
Lucas engineers did not anticipate synthetic brake fluid, 50 years before it
existed.

       However ... on another note, I just had a personal Lucas part fail!
Is anyone surprised?  Probably not.  The ignition switch in my 1957 Minx 1 has
decided to allow my key to fall out.  What a piece of garbage!  It only lasted
49 years and hundreds of thousands of miles/use.  Lousy, damned cheap Lucas
junk!   I think NOT!

Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle