new cam and carb for my mark 1

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: new cam and carb for my mark 1
From: Norm Shaw <nr.shaw@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:45:27 -0700
I have a mark I with a 302, solid lifters, windsor heads, ported etc., engle
.523 lift 274 duration, roller rockers and a holly 600 carb.

I am in B.C. and totally fed up with trying to pass "air care", our emission
standards process.

To pass I usually back off the valve lash to over 30, lean it out and change
timing.

I am planning on converting to hydraulic and most likely re-carb.

First - the cam

Does anyone have a favourite out of the box cam they might recommend. I was
considering cam and bleed down lifters  but that most likely will not be
necessary. Something like the 289 hi-po would probably work - anyone know the
specs - any comments - suggestions - cautions??

Second - carb

I would like to try a demon carb - same question - what fits, what works - any
suggestions.

Norm Shaw Burnaby B.C.