157 or 164

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: 157 or 164
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 13:22:25 -0700 (PDT)
Hi again- its amazing how much you need the list when
in the middle of a major undertaking.
Ive always had in my head we used ring gears having
157 teth but the one Im looking at has 164. If there
is a difference why does the parts guy say the only
difference in the starters is the splines on the shaft
of the bendix, that the actual gear is the same.

Thanks a ton for the responses to my spacer problem.
The car was wrecked(a deer I was told) and Im not sure
what the square corner front clip was from but there
are no horn holes to block. A Fulcrum pin also broke
and perhaps the repair person( I describe him as that
very looseley)couldnt repair the frame well enough and
so he shimmed the left side of the crossmember down.
Not to be corrected this time but I will repair it to
specs later. I am going to Ky. to the TE United or it
would receive proper attention now. Anyone wanting to
sell a 6 bolt master cylinder bracket I know someone
wanting one. You can reach him here.
Ron F. you are a gentelman and a schoolar and I will
hand you a beverage or buy ya a cheeseburger the first
chance I get. THANKS for saving me time. Now do you
know the parts number for the U-joint on the steering
shaft, between the rack and the end of the steering
shaft. My parts person said they dont sell anything
that small but surely one of the 3 other parts places
in this town of fewer than 4000 people will. We are
getting our fifth bank soon as well and they say
farmers loose money every year. RIGHT. Thanks once
more for time your knowledge saves. Our LIST can be
invaluabl, even to an old Beamer. TTT