Re: World FInals at Bonneville....Cancelled..

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: World FInals at Bonneville....Cancelled..
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 19:44:13 -0700
Thanks, but I have enough money pits without invoking boats of any
kind... I still have my dragboat engine in the parts room from the old
hydroplane I had in Alabama. Bought this old 1966 3 point hydro, a
Hydroflyte, drag boat. Originally had a 427 Ford in it but that was long
gone. Was replaced with a 390 using all of the 427 marine hardware. So I
bought a super stocked 390 from PAW and after assembly with lots of my
go fast parts put it into the boat. The old boat was really beat up and
the kids and I spent an entire winter and spring reglassing just about
everything. The hicks had cut the front bow to make a place where you
could walk forward like a bass boat! FIxed all that and finally painted
it with black Imron paint, put a large Pontiac Firebird graphic on the
deck and went water skiing. The boys did anyway.  Wife took one ride in
it and that was enough for her. About 120 flat out on the river. Went
for a ride with the eldest up river for maybe 10 miles going like a bat
out of hell then turned around and on the way saw lots of floating junk
like tree limb, logs etc. Decided that flat out wasn't too smart on the
river. Moved to NV, sold the boat, kept the motor and the marine
pieces... Boat had a 3 cup Italian racing prop on it. Was a really nice
boat when new...

The water on the lake is probaly no more than a couple of inces dep, so
maybe a snow mobile would work better?

Well, us old guys here in pahrump who do this Land Speed thing can all
bench race at our "beer thirty" conferences we have every Thursday
afternoon...

mayf, far out in pahrump